Community Forum

Restricting Remote Tuning to Favorites

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

Restricting Remote Tuning to Favorites

My elderly mother recently upgraded TV service from the older "Comcast" system which she'd had for many years to the current "xfinity/xfi" system.  She is having issues getting used to the new remote.  I managed to set up "Favorites" for her and set the Guide to show Favorites, but she is not able to reliably use the Guide.  Typically, she changes channels via the "CH UP/DN" button.

Is there any way to set things so that using the remote "CH UP/DN" button it only cycles through the Favorites?  That would go a long way toward making things easier for her.

Expert

Re: Restricting Remote Tuning to Favorites

@Apesbrain wrote:

My elderly mother recently upgraded TV service from the older "Comcast" system which she'd had for many years to the current "xfinity/xfi" system.  She is having issues getting used to the new remote.  I managed to set up "Favorites" for her and set the Guide to show Favorites, but she is not able to reliably use the Guide.  Typically, she changes channels via the "CH UP/DN" button.

Is there any way to set things so that using the remote "CH UP/DN" button it only cycles through the Favorites?  That would go a long way toward making things easier for her.

Have you considered making a "guide" for her and printing it out?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Restricting Remote Tuning to Favorites

Yes, I printed it on card stock and put it by her chair but it's not completely solving the problem.  

I've ordered one of those simplified remotes (only volume, channel, and power) available on Amazon and that should help. Restricting the available channels to favorites would be best. I have FiOS at home and it allows this.