Community Forum

My closed captioning is 5-6 seconds delayed, how can I correct this?

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

My closed captioning is 5-6 seconds delayed, how can I correct this?

I’ve noticed that for about a week now, the closed captioning on my X1 Xfinity is delayed about 5 to 6 seconds on the live broadcast.   I have reset Xfinity and called in for support where they also did a home wide reset. The problem still is not solved and the issue has been passed on up to another department. They’re telling me it could be a few days to a week before I hear back  on any possible solution.  I’m hoping someone on the forum has had this experience and might have a suggestion for a solution. 

Expert

Re: My closed captioning is 5-6 seconds delayed, how can I correct this?

moved post to accessibility area of the forum

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: My closed captioning is 5-6 seconds delayed, how can I correct this?

@Imardr wrote:

I’ve noticed that for about a week now, the closed captioning on my X1 Xfinity is delayed about 5 to 6 seconds on the live broadcast.   I have reset Xfinity and called in for support where they also did a home wide reset. The problem still is not solved and the issue has been passed on up to another department. They’re telling me it could be a few days to a week before I hear back  on any possible solution.  I’m hoping someone on the forum has had this experience and might have a suggestion for a solution. 

do you have more than one set top box? on the one you are experiencing the problem use voice remote 'about'. what is the rest of the line after "STB version..."? If you play a local channel during prime time, is it behind too? if you pause while 'behind', do the captions keep coming while the video is paused (and thereby catching up)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!