Community Forum

How can closed captioning be moved to the botton of the screen

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

How can closed captioning be moved to the botton of the screen

How can closed captioning on sports games be moved to the botton of the screen to enable seeing all of the action?

Expert

Re: How can closed captioning be moved to the botton of the screen

@RusselMiller164 wrote:

How can closed captioning on sports games be moved to the botton of the screen to enable seeing all of the action?

I moved your post to the acessibility area of the forum. The digital captions are placed by the captioning authority. Comments should go to the producer's support site. you can change the appearance of the cations using the accessibility menu making the text appear without a dark background (for example). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for your effort, but no satisfactory suggested worked.

R Miller

Official Employee

Hi @RusselMiller164

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. For assistance changing the appearance of the closed captions on your end, please try the steps below: 

To access Accessibility Settings: 

1. Press the B key on your Xfinity remote. 
  2. Select Closed Captioning Options
  3. Make sure the Closed Caption Style is "Custom". Here you can choose the font size, style, color, opacity, background color, window color, and window opacity. 

Note: If you wish to receive the Closed Captioning style chosen by the programmer for easy reading, switch the style to Auto.

Here, you can choose. 

You can find more information about Closed Captions here: 

Get Closed Captioning Help from Comcast 

Turn Closed Captioning On or Off on X1  

I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!