Community Forum

ConTV and Closed Captioning

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

ConTV and Closed Captioning

How do I display closed captioning for this channel? Display indicates that CC is on but it's not showing up.

Expert

Re: ConTV and Closed Captioning

@Jeanne27 wrote:

How do I display closed captioning for this channel? Display indicates that CC is on but it's not showing up.

try the channel (I only see on-demand for conTV) on a smart device (phone/tablet) or a desk/laptop. does the caption show up on the other different devices? (edit) does the information button display the CC inside a box showing the program includes closed captioning?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Great suggestion thank you. I was able to get closed captioning when I used another device. So . . . it must be my tv. When I use apps from xfinity like Pluto or tubi I am able to turn captioning on and off. When I exit the app the captioning for broadcast tv is off and I go to settings and turn cc off and on again. Guess it's time for a new tv. Thank you for your suggestions/help

Expert

@Jeanne27 wrote:

Great suggestion thank you. I was able to get closed captioning when I used another device. So . . . it must be my tv. When I use apps from xfinity like Pluto or tubi I am able to turn captioning on and off. When I exit the app the captioning for broadcast tv is off and I go to settings and turn cc off and on again. Guess it's time for a new tv. Thank you for your suggestions/help

if it is a numbered channel the TV doesn't decode captions, it is done by your set top box and imposed on the video delivered to your TV. may be bad signal delivered to thehome.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was finally able to turn on the ccaptioning for ConTV movies from Xfinity "movies". I will have to call and ask about the connection from my top box. It's not too much of a problem since I can access most movies from ConTV through the "tubi" app and apply the cc option.