Community Forum

Closed Captioning

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

Closed Captioning

Suggestion --

On your next software/firmware revision, allow for closed captioning to be temporarily diabled automatically when viewing the Guide or other menu functions.  It's difficult to read the program descriptions or other lettering because the CC continues to display simultaneously.  Although it's simple enough to disable CC prior to using the Guide and other menu screens and then re-enabling it afterwards, it would be helpful if these steps could be automated without major revisions.

Official Employee

Re: Closed Captioning

Hey @jwsharp77

Thanks for your feedback. That's a really good suggestion. I will pass this up to my leadership to see if this is possibly something that can be implemented in the future. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

adding... note that saying voice command 'caption' turns mine off while viewing the guide.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thank you for sharing that, Rustyben!

Hi, jwsharp77. I personally have my closed captioning font and coloring customized to where the text has a transparent background, which makes it to where I can see the guide information even with the closed captioning text overlay. Otherwise, you can set the font opacity to transparent and the background opacity to transparent (under closed captioning settings) and that may help too. Lots of customizable options in place for now! As ComcastChe mentioned, we will be sure to pass along your suggestion about this feature when viewing the guide and other menus. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.