Community Forum

Closed Captioning problem

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

Closed Captioning problem

I am having trouble w/closed captioning - I have to reboot my TV about every 2-3 days because it gets behind the talking.  As soon as I reboot, the closed captioning catches up.  Do I need to get a new box or what is the problem?

Expert

Re: Closed Captioning problem

immrst39 wrote:

I am having trouble w/closed captioning - I have to reboot my TV about every 2-3 days because it gets behind the talking.  As soon as I reboot, the closed captioning catches up.  Do I need to get a new box or what is the problem?

with digital captions, they are generated by your set top box not the tV. The captions are just part of the video the TV receives. next time is is far behind hit pause on the remote and watch to see if the captions keep on playing until they are caught up. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: Closed Captioning problem

It catches me up, but how do I fix it so it quits running so far behind?