Community Forum

Closed Captioning on Amazon Prime x1 box not working.

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Frequent Visitor

Closed Captioning on Amazon Prime x1 box not working.

Close captioning on Amazon Prime not working. I have reset the box twice and still not working.  It was working fine until yesterday. Nothing changed.  It works fine on Roku, just not on the xfinity Amazon Prime X1 app. Netflix, Hulu, etc all work fine. I know this has been a problem in the past according to past forums.

When I start playing a program, I press the down arrow (or and the bar on the bottom appears with "CC" on the right side.  I press "CC" and the closed caption dialog bar appears with different options. I press OK to choose Closed Captions "ON", then "close".  No closed captions or subtitles appear. I am hard of hearing and need closed captions (or subtitles).

Expert

Re: Closed Captioning on Amazon Prime x1 box not working.

@fpowers wrote:

Close captioning on Amazon Prime not working. I have reset the box twice and still not working.  It was working fine until yesterday. Nothing changed.  It works fine on Roku, just not on the xfinity Amazon Prime X1 app. Netflix, Hulu, etc all work fine. I know this has been a problem in the past according to past forums.

When I start playing a program, I press the down arrow (or and the bar on the bottom appears with "CC" on the right side.  I press "CC" and the closed caption dialog bar appears with different options. I press OK to choose Closed Captions "ON", then "close".  No closed captions or subtitles appear. I am hard of hearing and need closed captions (or subtitles).

when you select a title you get to a screen that has many options at the top. one should be subtitles. do you see that menu and select it and make your selection?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, fpowers! Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum! What type of X1 box do you have? DVR on non-DVR one? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It's working now.

Official Employee

fpowers, glad to hear it! Let us know if you run into any other issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.