Community Forum

Close Captions on The Crimes of Grindelwald

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

Close Captions on The Crimes of Grindelwald

bought the movie today as soon as it released and still the CC are not working on it, tried on my tv, diferent pcs and still not working, can you fix it? ty

Expert

Re: Close Captions on The Crimes of Grindelwald

@huephoric wrote:

bought the movie today as soon as it released and still the CC are not working on it, tried on my tv, diferent pcs and still not working, can you fix it? ty

moved post to accessability area of the forum and I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, huephoric. Welcome to the community, thanks for posting your question here. This is something we can definitely help you figure out. I cannot wait to see that movie by the way! Do you use our older Legacy Platform or do you have our X1 Platform? Have you tried to enable the closed captioning setting through the cable box, TV, PC, and do they all do the same thing? Does it say that Closed Captioning is enabled, but yet you don't ever see the word/text displayed whatsoever?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m having the same problem. The movie shows cc for closed captions available, but they are not coming on. All other movies on demand show the closed captions. So this is definitely a problem unique to this movie purchase. If I would have known, I would not have purchased it.
New Poster

Me, too. Would not have purchased without the captions. Have tried all the options mentioned above re: TV captioning, etc. Have X1 system. Is someone working on fixing this? Captioning works on everything but this movie. Thanks!