Community Forum

1 hour sleep timer is gone again!!!!!!!

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

1 hour sleep timer is gone again!!!!!!!

Why is the 1 hour sleep timer removed?
Expert

Re: 1 hour sleep timer is gone again!!!!!!!

@4MYLORD wrote:
Why is the 1 hour sleep timer removed?

the stream TV app nor the X1 set top boxes have had a sleep timer. do you have a disability related question for this area of the forum?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

There used to be an option for a 1 hour power saver, but now it’s gone. Now I have to wait 4 hours for my box to shut off
Expert

@4MYLORD wrote:
There used to be an option for a 1 hour power saver, but now it’s gone. Now I have to wait 4 hours for my box to shut off

that isn't a sleep timer. however your TV is likely sleep timer enabled and you can check using your TV's remote using the TV menu. some remotes have a sleep button to access timer directly.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Understood. I’m talking about the Power Saver/ Preferences/Device settings. The default setting is 4 hours. There used to be an option to set it to 1 hour. It was taken away a about 2 years ago. After it was taken away, there was a shortcut to that screen by pressing “info” when the television powered up. Where did that option go? I don’t want my set top box to be on for an additional 4 hours after my television is off! That’s a waste of electricity.
Expert

@4MYLORD wrote:
Understood. I’m talking about the Power Saver/ Preferences/Device settings. The default setting is 4 hours. There used to be an option to set it to 1 hour. It was taken away a about 2 years ago. After it was taken away, there was a shortcut to that screen by pressing “info” when the television powered up. Where did that option go? I don’t want my set top box to be on for an additional 4 hours after my television is off! That’s a waste of electricity.

there is no real savings of energy in going to powersave since the device is still running internally. If you put the device in power save and leave it in powersave for 24 hours a day 365 days of the year the savings would be around one dollar. 

New Poster

That’s good information, but what I wanna know is...... is there a way to get it back? And why was it taken away?
Expert

@4MYLORD wrote:
That’s good information, but what I wanna know is...... is there a way to get it back? And why was it taken away?

did you use your TV's remote and see if it has a 'sleep timer' button or menu item?

New Poster

I like the comfortablity of using I universal remote like xfinity advertises. I still wanna know the reasoning behind removing this option. I reallly, really want it brought back