kmstrother's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 7:00 PM

"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly" is the message I get from the ASUS router site. If I connect to my 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ wireless networks it sayts connected with no internet. The only way I can get any internet connectivity is if I connect my laptop directly to the modem. If I connect my laptop or PC to any of the ports in the back of the router it fails to connect me to the internet. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Your-ISP-s-DHCP-is-not-functioning-properly-ASUS-router/td-p/3331178 seems to have had the same problem and it seems @ComcastChe was able to fix it. Need help ASAP

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.4K Messages

6 m ago

If your modem is a straight cable modem rather than a modem+router gateway device, when you disconnect the laptop from its Ethernet port and connect the router, you must then reset (power cycle) the modem before the router will be able to communicate with it. You can avoid this if the router has a "clone MAC" function and you set it to have the same MAC address as the laptop.

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

6 m ago

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

5 m ago

Hi, kmstrother. If you need additional support after the suggestions listed here, please let us know!

New to the Community?

Start Here