U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 6:52 PM

Xfinity gateway 2.4g and 5g with Leviton wifi swiches

My Leviton lights switches have been working fine for the last 2 years.

Now some switches are acting up. They cannot find the network. (they go offline)

Leviton support has been great. I am told that the switches can only connect to the 2.4G.

Leviton suggestion:

-You can temporarily splits your WIFI network into 2 separate networks (2.4g & 5g). Once separated attempt to enroll the device to whichever network you want it on. Once enrolled you can remerged your networks. 

-You can temporarily pause, or disable one of your networks. Once paused, attempt to enroll the device. Once enrolled you can re-enable the paused network.

-Add a guest network. You can create a guest network then enroll your device to it.

I am trying to do the above. How do you split or pause the net work?  or how do you add a guest network? Is that possible?

Thank you very much

EG

Expert

• 

89.9K Messages

1 m ago

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi 

Associate the devices with the 2.4 band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG  

I am not using the Xfi pods. Still cannot find the settings for 2.4 and 5.

Reading this now: Why am I no longer able to view/change some advanced settings?If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi settings (WiFi Mode, Channel Selection, and Channel Mode) in Advanced Settings, this means these settings are now being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible. Additionally, if you have xFi Pods, you won't see your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks listed separately. Pods require that you only have one WiFi network name and password, so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time.

Trying to log in in the gateway, but nothing works (username and password)

EG

Expert

• 

89.9K Messages

The default username is admin and the password is password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The default username is admin and the password is password  >> I tried that and it does not work.

EG

Expert

• 

89.9K Messages

Did you ever change the password ? The username of admin can not be changed as it is hardcoded in the firmware.

The only thing that you can do is to hard reset the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. The user name will remain to be admin and the password will now become the default of password. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you very much , I will try.

By doing this, do you think I will have to reconnect all my automation apps to the wifi?

Kind regards

EG

Expert

• 

89.9K Messages

1 m ago

Quite welcome ! As stated, you will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch. Use the same WiFi broadcast name (SSID) and the same WiFi password that you had before instead of the new defaults and everything will reconnect as before.

New to the Community?

Start Here