U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Sep 8, 2021 1:35 AM

Unnesessary constant modem/router morning resets

This started happening about a month ago and hasn't stopped. Every night my modem resets one to three times between the hours of 3-5am. I've checked everything, even changed out the modem- nothing helps. Scouring the internet for solutions I've come across many other people having this problem that's fallen on deaf ears. Some people with Xbox have to deal with the daily resets/updates- I don't even have xbox- why is my modem getting reset, Comcast? I've had them for years and never had this problem before.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 m ago

The lies continue from Xfinity - talked to two troubleshoot "agents" on their site, and both told me the problem was fixed. Not one specifying exactly what the problem was. Both lied to just push me along- because the resets are still happening. This is bad business.

Official Employee

• 

233 Messages

Hi, @user_e6f40c, thank you for taking the time to create this post and share your feedback with us. Being pushed along is definitely a feel we do not wish any of our customers have and I am sorry this was your experience. Please rest assured, you have reached the right team! We have your back and will work with you until proper resolution. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I don't believe you're going to fix the problem. I've had several technicians out to my house over the past few months, and they've all said that they've "fixed" the issue. They've replaced, my modem, all of the wiring inside my house, all of the connectors inside my house, the wire running to my house. I still have the problem. They sent out a supervisor, who said there is a problem on the main line, but since the internet is dropping late at night, it would require having someone work overtime to monitor the line and troubleshoot the problem. That doesn't seem to be an option for some reason, which is odd, since you're in the business of providing a service that I am paying for.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 m ago

I've had the same issue for months. Comcast has done nothing to fix the problem.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

I don't have time for these people to try to diagnose their own problem- if they want they are more than welcome to pay me for my time (and I'm not cheap) and we can sort their problem out. Who knows how much money I lost with their constant resets. If the online tech at Xfinity can't do it, then these so called "official" employees are going to do the same to me and feed me lies about it being my issue. Sorry, not getting on that hamster wheel again. What more proof do they need other than it happens as specific times every night and everything works fine during the day. The person who posted above this is even more proof that working with Xfinity support on this type of issue is a waste of time.
This is 100% their issue and I will keep bumping this thread until they fix it.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_e6f40c 

The techs have been to my house numerous times. They say they can't find any problems, so they're going to "tell the line crew so they can solve the problem." Then I never hear from anyone at Comcast again, and my internet continues to drop, and I continue to have to reset my modem and talk to the customer service people in the Philippines who assure me that they are going to somehow solve the problem remotely even though the problem is in the local infrastructure that Comcast refuses to fix.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Now Comcast is disconnecting me as early as 12am. What a garbage company. I'll be paying them a visit in person tomorrow and giving them hell.

Official Employee

• 

180 Messages

Hi @user_e6f40c, we would like to look into your service concern to see the root of your account disconnecting.  send us a direct message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send a Private Message, please click on the link  https://comca.st/3oXIzTR to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here