jaredburkeen's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 8:29 PM

Second IP address for Arris S33 cable modem

I recently purchased a new cable modem (Arris S33) that has both a 2.5 GB ethernet and a 1 GB ethernet port. I'd like to use both ports, but it looks like I need a second IP address assigned to my account in order to take advantage of both ports.

Can I please get a second IP address assigned to my account? Thank you!

This post was escalated on April 19, 2021 by EG

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

23 d ago

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

165 Messages

23 d ago

Hello and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Please send me a private message with your name and service address by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Then select the Xfinity Support tab to start the chat session. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Unfortunately, I'm unable to send you a private message. Looks like Comcast's system doesn't recognize your username.

Official Employee

• 

171 Messages

Thank you so much for reaching back out and we definitely look forward to speaking with you! You would need to send that chat to our "Xfinity Support" handle and we would be able to assist! Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

22 d ago

Select 'Xfinity Support' in the 'To:' search, although it was 19 hrs ago that @ComcastThomasF requested a private messaging session.  Comcast agents have private messaging disabled on their profile but will/should respond to sessions to 'Xfinity Support' if they are still online.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here