hayestj's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Fri, Feb 26, 2021 12:00 AM

Re: Random Network Resets, some days several times, after TLV-11 - unrecognized OID log

Having similar almost identical issue. Have had 3-4 technicians come to my house in the last 4-5 months.

Oh best part is I bought new approved modem DOCSIS 3.1 etc with telephony support not using the infamous puma chipset... on the 500(?) plan I was getting with new modem 650 down average and my upload still was around 12 cap.

So I thought well I’ll get gigabit if they offer it here at my home now... 30 year Comcast customer..... since before I think technically they were called that... and after getting gigabit and having my modem “reprovisioned” at least 20 times , with two phone agents saying it was not once telling them it was fully successful but if I had internet “it must have worked”

Tech at my house (without knowing I work in IT ) after telling me the reason I don't get gigabit is because of my wifi. And I told him I have done the tests wired. From the modem itself.

And then he says we'll your router is not new enough. Excuse me? It's actually wifi 6 capable but I'm using it as a hidden SSID for a backhaul on a mesh network tyvm Mr technician. I asked him if wan link aggregation required two IPs like I had been told in the past... "I have no clue what that even is" oh but excuse me I forgot that the reason I will never get the speed I pay for is my wifi is slow.

He then thought telling me that having two cables from modem to router is causing the problem, dude I just asked about link agreggation and you are unplugging it without disabling it first, and I had 2gbps showing between the router and modem to make sure it was NOT the Ethernet (he asked if I was using cat5 or 6... Mind you it's 2 feet indoors and I skeptically asked would it matter... No no I just was wondering. Ok then why are you acting like everything I say to you is either ignorant babble or you're convinced there is no problem...

When the entire point is MY SPEED WENT DOWN AFTER PAYING FOR MORE. I don't CARE if you say the noise and power levels are perfect. I realized I was in trouble when the prior tech to him (who I specifically asked NOT be sent to my house for a third time... Because he made a mess climbing into my attic acting like he was going above (literally) and beyond because he knew my brother in HS ... Removed some splitters etc. Said he would leave them , didn't so now I am told I can't even MOVE the drop of coaxil back to the original spot. Which now is coming out and splitting with the x1 TV box coaxil out of the wall and when the cable is touched it used to make the tv freeze.

But apparently I'm not Alone with the Netgear CM1150V giving fits with gigabit internet speed

My modem after one provision attempt actually hit 900mbps!!! Upload has stayed constantly 39-45 but download was 350~ around 12midnight today. And 400 around 2pm.....

The firmware package is not working correctly and more often than not it seems like because Netgear hands it off to Xfinity to handle both companies point the finger at the other.

I would really appreciate someone reaching out to me as you can check my account it is 30+ years with Comcast etc and I am frustrated beyond belief. I know I should make a new post but I just happened upon this while Googling a new modem error in event log. Going to try resetting modem to factory defaults.....again.

Responses

hayestj

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

7 m ago

Long story short: bought another self owned modem , got a docsis3.1. Had 500 avg download , 8-12 upload before installing new modem and registering mac etc.

New modem have 650-700 down , same upload.

After having TV X1 Box issues and laggy Tv with spotty (squares) appearing on screen I was told I could get gigabit for same price. (Not really sure If that's even true at this point but...) Now I get SLOWER download but upload is consistent.

Phone techs said provisioning was being difficult. Have spoke to 6-10 different ages over 4 months. Also have had 4 home visits by techs the most recent of which said he saw a slight high signal / line SNR on theine outside home and within range but he adjusted etc. Said everything was perfect and on point.

30+ year Comcast and pre that name customer here and I am frustrated..... The tech tried to explain I wasn't getting gigabit because I was using WiFi... After I stressed I did every test using a wired gigabit connection and multiple machines.

Which HAD 900mbps after one phone call until either a power outage or firmware update / check in caused the modem to restart and either re provision or just start nose diving.

I'm currently seeing 300-400bps on a modem that performed BETTER when I was PAYING LESS LOL.

It's frustrating beyond belief. I can post the SNR and event log if any official agents or support people ask but I stress I have been a customer for over THIRTY YEARS and I really do not want to think that means nothing. Tho financially I realize it may... But they always seem to pass me up to a shift manager on tier 1 who starts off the convo by thanking me for the long term customer status blah blah.

Couple of the phone people have really had patience with me. But the home techs except one have been uhhhhh. Had to ASK TO NOT HAVE the second to last one sent out a third time , and when the final agent was telling me how my wifi is why I wasn't getting what I expected or wanted (like I was a spoiled ignorant kid in a candy shop asking for an everlasting Gobstopper...or something. it was bizarre) he referred to the "last tech" as "my buddy" and that was when I realized How pointless his visit was after he stepped out to make a phone call to that agent lol. I was like oh Lord lovely can I not get someone who didn't grow up around here and knows my last name / brother from HS Because I'm at my wit's end.
hayestj

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

7 m ago

Similar problem here...... Paying for gigabit,  getting about 300mbps.... % wise about the same. 

I am seeing this in my event log on my modem: 

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 48; DSID: N/A

(I have a docsis 3.1 ,  and between 10+ support calls & 4 or 5 tech house visits, i have been told my SNR levels are all good,  the tech told me (without using anything but his phone and using my HOME WIFI network, asked me for the passkey.....)  that i just wasn't getting anything faster because of my phone...

Yet like you i used an ETHERNET connection (granted, not a cat6,  using cat 5e,)   and speed tests, including xfinity's recommended / self  named test,  and the highest i have gotten is 400.

BEFORE upgrading to gigabit tier speed i had 650 mbps on the 500 tier plan. 
Basically, i paid to upgrade my speed, and it cut in half.  

My UPLOAD speed however has gone from 10 or 12 mbps ,  to a constant 40 mbps.... so i know my account was changed on xfinity's side.  I just really think my modem is being provisioned incorrectly, and have read a LOT Of netgear modem owners with the same issue.   

Firmware version is 4.02.02  (which according to netgear is the newest / current comcast firmware used for my modem.)

Modem: CM1150V    

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

460 Messages

6 m ago

@hayestj Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. It sounds like you have had a frustrating experience, and I would like to look further into this for you to see what could be causing the speed issues. 

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

hayestj

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

6 m ago

Getting asked for personal information like my home address phone and account number... suddenly it says user opted out of private messages and half the time I get a 404 error upon logging in on the forums. 

troubling and worrying me.    Had ZERO i correctable errors prior to getting help and just checked my modem....docs is 3.1 and I have over 70,000 i correctable errors on about all 32 downstream and the upstream channels.  Hooray. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Support agent help suddenly cannot reply to them after

Official Employee

• 

430 Messages

@hayestj Thank you so much for reaching back out to us and for you letting us know your concerns. We have had a recent update to our forums to streamline the process for our customers. I am so very sorry to hear that this caused a disruption in our conversation with you. I am more than happy to ensure that we continue where we left off. All you need to do is select the chat icon and select Xfinity support and you will be able to reach back out to us through our private message and we will get back to our conversation with you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
hayestj

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

How can I hit the chat icon I’m not seeing it 

EG

Expert

• 

89.1K Messages

6 m ago

@ComcastMichelle