S

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jun 2, 2022 1:58 PM

port forwarding

I've been trying to access port forwarding for a few days now but I keep getting the error "We encountered an issue" and the page doesn't load. I also downloaded the app and I get the same result with it. Please assist.

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

1分前

Hello there, @smarlow1! Thank you for coming to the community with your port forwarding concerns. We would love to help in any way that we can! To clarify, are you trying to Set Up Port Forwarding on Your Xfinity Gateway? I ask because your post is under our Xfinity Home (Home Security) Rules and Automations forum topic. I just want to make sure we're on the same page!

I also see that you've sent a Direct (private) Message already. Please note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our Forums guidelines. You must first create your own public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a head's up for future reference, and I look forward to assisting you further!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinitySara​ No. I already have multiple ports forwarded on different devices on my network. However, for the last couple of weeks I cannot access the page to port forward any of the devices I'm currently working on. I've tried rebooting my modem, resetting my modem, unplugging my modem and rebooting it that way and finally, I installed the Xfinity app on my phone and tried to get to it that way with no success. Can you please assist me in accessing my port forwarding options?

XfinityDevin

Official Employee

• 

683 Messages

@smarlow1

Good morning! It sounds like you have tried quite a bit to get into the options to set up your port forward. It is sounding like you are unable to even get past the log in screen on the website or app to access what you need. Have you tried a new browser, clearing cache and cookies, and reattempting to log in at https://comca.st/3xssuIk?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

21日前

Did this get sorted out?  I have this situation on 3 homes.  When using the Xfinity app or using the browser, when I select the port forwarding feature under "advanced settings" I get the"We encountered an issue", "Try again later" and "That didn't go as planned" message.  I tried multiple browsers, computers, etc with the same result.  This has been the case for at least 1 week.

Official Employee

• 

328 Messages

@mpharney I would like to take a look at your account and gather more information. 

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
EG

Expert

• 

94.4K Messages

11日前

The concern is not "Home Security" help related. Thread moved here to this help section.......

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

11日前

Comcast broke it and has yet to fix it. Lots of people experiencing the same problem. 

which Gateway model do you have?

Get a ticket created and sent to appropriate team. None of the suggestions here will help. It’s on their end and until they acknowledge that and fix it, it’ll stay broken. Been over 2 weeks for me.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here