U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 8:02 PM

Port Forward IP Address incorrect

In the Xfinity modem Web Interface I added a device with a reserved IP address.  I have verified the device name and IP address are correct.  In the xFi interface I added a Port Forward to that device.  All good up to this point, or so it seemed.  In the Port Forward display it shows up as No Associated Device and the IP address is wrong.  I know that's the one I added because it's the only one there and the port is correct.  What's up with that?  I contacted Xfinity and was given the usual advice; Hard Reset the modem.  I did that which caused a whole bunch of other issues but that's a story for another time.  Once the other issues were resolved I went through the same steps again with the same result.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Clearly there's a database somewhere holding my MAC Address but other than the hard reset Xfinity said there's nothing else they can do.  What's up with that?  I know I can try to reserve the wrong IP address for that device instead but I shouldn't have to do that and I have reasons for using the IP address I chose.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

3 m ago

Hey there, @user_8badbd,

Our team can look into IP address forward service for you. Can you please private message our team with your full name and service address? Thank you so much for your time and your continue business to Xfinity! To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

(edited)

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

23K Messages

3 m ago

@XfinityMartinB : Please note that the "Peer to Peer chat" icon is now called the "Direct Messaging" icon.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@BruceW

I did not see that it changed! Our experts our the best! Thanks, Bruce! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years this has been on the forums at least and it's still a problem?? customer service?? yeah right.

New to the Community?

Start Here