U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 8:33 PM

Occasional brief loss of connection, lag in online games

For the past couple weeks I've been having an issue on and off where my connection will randomly drop for anywhere between a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes this is coupled with latency and messages dropping in online games and services like Discord. It's unpredictable when the connection will drop or for how long it will do so, which makes conducting activities online extremely frustrating.

My internet is fine otherwise, I've had no problems with speed, only this issue where the connection briefly drops.

Responses

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I am having this exact same issue in Eugene, OR! 

Following this topic. I called a tech out and was told it was "noise", however this almost only occurs during times of high load such as after 5 pm. During the daytime when I am at home with my kid doing homeschool and similar activities and network activity, I never experience this problem.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 m ago

I’ve had the same issue! On top of that issue, my download speed has plummeted. I pay for up to 200 mbps and I’m not even getting 60. I used to be able to maintain around 170. It’s ridiculous. Been happening to me about 2 weeks now and the only thing xfinity did for me was give me an $18 dollar credit. I’m about to just cancel the service and go somewhere else.

ComcastMorgan

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

1 m ago

Hi, user_1c613e. That sounds frustrating! We can certainly investigate this further with you. Does this happen on multiple devices and have you confirmed if this occurs when hardwired to the modem over ethernet?

For anyone else experiencing a similar issue, please create your own thread and we will be happy to help you out. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here