C

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 11:39 PM

Modem keeps dropping connection.

Anyone have issues with the gateway disconnecting every 5-10 minutes continuously? Seriously frustrating and I’m about over it. Customer service hasn’t done anything to help or resolve, all cables are tight and secured. Internet HAS worked well in the past but is now getting worse by the day. 

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

89K Messages

2 m ago

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I'm in the same boat it looks like.

About 5 to 10 times a day all my devices loose connection at the same time. 
During this "outage" the router insists it still has internet connection on the quick status, but no DNS  names will resolve and the only site I can "visit" is the router. The router self ping test to comcast fails.

The outage is usually only a few minutes, but it is increasingly frustrating.
Online articles offer the suggestion of using Googles DNS servers in the router settings, but this setting is not able to be changed on the gigabit gateway apparently, or at least hidden so deep that an IT professional is unable to locate the spot to change it.

I'll make my own post, but heres the info EG requested as seen on my router;

(edited)

EG

Expert

• 

89K Messages

@gigafrustrated

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue and I will attempt to assist you there. Please do not hijack someone else's help thread in progress please. Thank you. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here