billmich88888
Rousing Repartee
Crafty Conversation
Well Liked

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Wed, Nov 25, 2020 8:00 AM

Just bought a "gig speed" modem............

Since I am paying for gig-speed service, might as well upgrade and get equipment to match, plus my modem was 5-6 years old anyway.

My question is, will I have to call Comcast or fill out any form to register my new modem with you guys?

I don't want to lose any ability to stream channels in my home or other features i have become accustomed to.

Thank you for your time and consideration is assisting me

Responses

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

7 m ago

thank you for the tips, so it is NOT simply plug and play, seems to be 3 tiers 

1) online self serve

2) internet experts

3) 800-COMCAST hades.......

I sure hope I don't get to level 3 on this

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

7 m ago

Sorry that didn't work for you. Try the first options I provided. I'm not a CC employee. Good luck with it !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

7 m ago

This site is an automated option as well;

https://comca.st/3efKhIo

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

7 m ago

Connect it to the coax line and power it up. Let it fully sync up with the system ("DS, "US", and the "Online" lights are steadily lit). Connect a computer to it and open up a browser. You *may* see their "Walled Garden" modem self registration page. If so, follow the screen prompts. Have your mobile telephone number, your Xfinity username and password or the account number and telephone number associated with your Comcast account handy.

If not, try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

7 m ago

@EG wrote:

This site is an automated option as well;

https://comca.st/3efKhIo

downloaded, but when i sign on to that app, i keep getting "sorry, that didnt go as planned" and i cant progress any further

New to the Community?

Start Here