balanm's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 10:00 AM

Internet Upload Speed Degraded

I ran a speedtest at 7:30am - Down is 277Mb, Up is 11.77Mb

I ran a speedtest at 11:30am - Down is 123Mb, Up is 500Kb

Working from home is near impossible with such a degraded Upload speed.  I have ran this test everyday this week, same results.

Anyone else having this experience?

Responses

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Hmmmm. I NEVER got an accurate or even close to , reading on the older test. It used to report 2X higher the actual speed. On the newer test, with the cheesy rocket ship art, it reports 2X lower the speed!! It can't make up it's mind:>[ 

P.S. there are several industry standard more accurate testers out there

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

1 y ago

Because of the COVID19 situation some states (Florida) are severely limiting connections speeds. With all the streaming on movies, etc., the servers are overloaded (too much demand).

It may all depend on where we happen to live for this problem. No problems for me yet in TC area of Minnesota. I am on DSL (not Comcast Internet). I am getting:  over 49 Mbps download and over 5 Mbps upload. (I am guaranteed minimum 40 Mbps). Make sure your are connected with an Ethernet connection. WiFi is almost always lower and affected by local RF interference (home and close by).

EG

Expert

• 

89.2K Messages

1 y ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Because of the COVID19 situation some states (Florida) are severely limiting connections speeds. ).

Would you please post where you saw this / how you know this ? Thank you !  Smiley Happy

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

1 y ago

@EG wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Because of the COVID19 situation some states (Florida) are severely limiting connections speeds. ).

Would you please post where you saw this / how you know this ? Thank you !  Smiley Happy

I got it from: Nomadic Fanatic's latest video found on: You Tube. He is currently staying in Orange County, Florida. Less than 10 miles from Disney World.

EG

Expert

• 

89.2K Messages

1 y ago

Would you please post a link to the exact video.

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

1 y ago

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.9K Messages

1 y ago

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQYUPx6s-Q

The fellow in that video seems to be referring to YouTube's decision to set the default playback to SD.

I see nothing that says that "states" are "severely limiting connections speeds".

Note that YouTube users can still select HD playback if they wish.

EG

Expert

• 

89.2K Messages

1 y ago

O/k well that's not an official word from Comcast.

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

1 y ago

BruceW:

Eric is refering to Orange County, Florida where he is located now. He states what is happening there. Do you live there to prove different?

Thankfully; I see no problems here in Mnnesota so far.

New to the Community?

Start Here