Michaellll's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 5:00 PM

Inconsistent Internet

Help please, I'm trying to figure out why I am paying for 1000 download internet 30-35 upload when it keeps dropping off, basically disconnects will be hanging on by like 1 download speed and 1 upload, and it will stay like that for few minutes (I try to do internet speed test when its like this and usually can't cause its so bad, when I have got one test off its like 20 download and 1.04 upload) eventually goes back up to normal and then does it again through out the day all day sometimes. It is horrid, I stream as a living and my stream is continually being shut off because of this internet. No one on the phone can help. The technician didn't help anything, any issue thats not a basic one means im just out of luck? I need a expert or someone who actually knows how fix an advanced problem or a simple one for all i know, to resolve the issue or im going to have to cancel. I would be more happy if someone can admit that this internet is horrible and it wont ever get better, than to just be tossed around from agent to agent not knowing how to fix it. I am literally wasting my money at this point. I have never had Internet drop out to such low speeds in my life, its been going on for close to a month now and no one knows anything apparently. Ive had to hault my streaming, and there is only one other internet provider for my apartment. Any help would be great thanks, Oh yea I am also hard wired straight through with a CAT 8 ethernet. No reason I should be disconnecting.

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

I am having the exact same issue. Most of the day it will be fine 300mb/s internet and then while I am gaming at night, it will just crash with extremely high pings, eventually shutting off entirely. Resseting the modem has no affect, you just have to let it "pass" and come back...I have contact Xfinity twice now and no one has even been sent out, they just keep trying to restart the gateway and refresh it. Its a 2 month old Xfinity router/modem and I am hard wired into it, I should not be having these issues

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

I'm having the same problem with my Extreme(300mb/s). This occurred to me earlier this year around April-May and magically was uncapped in July.  The 32mb/s throttled cap seems to have come back around Black Friday. 

I contact customer service in India and they could not help me.. They think something is wrong with my equipment, but they don't understand comcast is throttling some of us back at 32mb/s. Doesn't seem to matter about the internet package.  I've seen too many complaints with 30-35m/s throttled cap. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

Is there any way to get them to fix this throttling cap... I dont understand what this means as much, I assume it means they cut your actual internet speed to something super low when we are actually paying for higher speed package. It shouldn't be happening all day everyday to someone paying over 100 dollars a month for the 1000 speed. Its unacceptable. Is anyone here able to help comcast employees or anybody?

New to the Community?

Start Here