ericOakland's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 1, 2020 10:00 AM

I have the 600Mbps plan yet only getting max 90Mbps via ethernet direct into modem

I have the Surfboard SB6190 cable modem capable of 1.4Gbps says packaging (up to 859 Mbps listed on Xfinity website) and on direct ethernet from the modem I only get between 80Mbps-90Mbps using Xfinity speed test and any other test.  Exact same speed when using Eero wifi as well.  Seems to be a limit on the download speed.  Why offer 600Mbps when I cannot recieve this?  Seems like I should downgrade or recieve a discount?

Responses

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 m ago

Are you testing on a device (you didn’t say what) that’s capable of over 100?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

"Are you testing on a device (you didn’t say what) that’s capable of over 100? "

The modem is as I mentioned is capable. 

Are you asking "device" as in my laptop ethernet or wifi and phone wifi is not capable?  My windows wifi status says speed 585Mbps and that's 802.11ac wifi, seems capable of higher than 90Mbps download.  Phone should be capable as a iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Same issue here, don't know what to do 

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

2 m ago

@tarunsharma235 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 4 month old dead now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here