Deed77's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 9:00 PM

Hotspot Down in Federal Hill, Baltimore?

A hotspot I connect to in Federal Hill in Baltimore virtually disappeared yesterday while I was connected. It still isn't working right, the signal strength is either really poor or the hotspot frequently just goes away completely. It often doesn't even show up in the wifi list. If it comes back it is weak and doesn't last long. Near as I can tell from the hotspot map it is probably the one at or it could be the one at , same zip code. Can someone get this back online?

Responses

jlavaseur

Valued Contributor

• 

450 Messages

6 m ago

Most hotspots are just a separate WiFi on someone's gateway, they aren't maintained by Comcast, people randomly disable them, move, cancel their service, maybe the router just needs a reboot, but that's out of Comcast's hands

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

FWIW, there are also many strand / pole mounted access points as well as ones in stores and commercial establishments.

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

276 Messages

6 m ago

@Deed77

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

New to the Community?

Start Here