U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 2, 2022 3:32 AM

Constant Internet outage, happens almost every day

For the past month or so, I've been experiencing constant Internet outage that occurs sometimes once every other day, or sometimes even multiple times a day. I look at the status website, and it will often display that there is no modem detected, even though my modem is still clearly connected (with nothing loose that I can see) with all the lights still on. Most often than not, after about 10 to 20 minutes, it will come back without me having to do anything, but it is quite annoying that this is happening so often. Also, sometimes I will also get a notice that there is a legacy outage detected when I check the status website, but this only occurs every once in a bit (about once every 3-4 outages). Most of the time I just get the notice that my connected modem shows as not detected. This is really frustrating, and I really don't know what the issue is. 

Official Employee

• 

465 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_7ed038! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd be happy to take a look. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24K Messages

2 m ago

"Please send me a private message to Xfinity Support" means, on any forums.xfinity.com page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible  

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon above or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

• On the DM page click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person" but don't do that. It won't work.

Instead, type Xfinity Support there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here