U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 8:35 AM

Comcast is using the wrong gateway.

A while ago, I had an old black gateway.  I replaced it with a Netgear CM1150V.  I realized that there was some compatibility problems with it, so I decided to go with xFi.  

Everything seemed to go well, but now I seem to be offline and the Xfinity app shows that I'm using the old CM1150V.

Now Comcast tells me that I will get technical help after I'm back inline (with the non-existent CM1150V??). 

Can anybody help?  

Official Employee

• 

132 Messages

1 m ago

@user_69af6f Thank you for posting in our great Xfinity Forums our community is amazing and can help with many of your questions and comments. 

I would like to look forward to the issues with your gateway and ensure the correct one appears on your account. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDannyB​ Thank you for your reply.  I just send the direct message.  Looking forward to their reply!

Official Employee

• 

474 Messages

I see your DM, and will pick this up there, thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hello Brandon.  I'm still getting disconnected.  Can you help me with this problem?

Thank you,

Bob

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here