hfeatherston's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Mar 11, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

Shows showing locked even when I'm logged in

I'm trying to watch MSNBC on my PC.  I can watch real time (usually - it keeps making me log in, over and over which never happened when I had Dish).  But now when I try and watch shows from previous evenings, a locked icon appears in the corner and it won't let me watch even though I'm logged in and watching live.  It works fine some days and some days it's locked.  How can I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

10 m ago

@hfeatherston wrote:

I am logged into msnbc.com/live on Windows 10 (no VPN).  It asks me to sign in; then asks which service I use; it then says I'm signed in.  It plays MSNBC live (it freezes a lot and signs me out, but mostly works).  But when I try to watch one of the shows from last night, the lock icon shows up, sometimes.  Sometimes it works.  I have tried scrolling down the the link provider option.  It asks if I use Xfinity; I say yes, it takes to anther screen to select my provider, I select Xfinitiy again and nothing happens.  Very frustrating.

there is a togo channel on the xfinity app for msnbc. If in the home, use the numbered channel for msnbc.  MSNBC may have a support forum or web page for assistance with their app.

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

10 m ago

@hfeatherston wrote:

I'm trying to watch MSNBC on my PC.  I can watch real time (usually - it keeps making me log in, over and over which never happened when I had Dish).  But now when I try and watch shows from previous evenings, a locked icon appears in the corner and it won't let me watch even though I'm logged in and watching live.  It works fine some days and some days it's locked.  How can I fix this?

are you using the xfinity.com streaming TV site? have a VPN running? what is the operating system and system version?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 m ago

I am logged into msnbc.com/live on Windows 10 (no VPN).  It asks me to sign in; then asks which service I use; it then says I'm signed in.  It plays MSNBC live (it freezes a lot and signs me out, but mostly works).  But when I try to watch one of the shows from last night, the lock icon shows up, sometimes.  Sometimes it works.  I have tried scrolling down the the link provider option.  It asks if I use Xfinity; I say yes, it takes to anther screen to select my provider, I select Xfinitiy again and nothing happens.  Very frustrating.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 m ago

I tried streaming directly from Xfinity on my laptop and it's working from there.

New to the Community?

Start Here