Dupre299's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Dec 12, 2020 8:00 AM

November 30 Update Auto Net ID failing

I am not sure but I suspect one reason this is still beta is due to Comcast wanting to throttle how many people use streaming vs X1 and standard boxes. That's a valid approach but it has been too long and we pay way too much money to Comcast for this to not be innovated by now.

Responses

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 m ago

Hi - this started after November 30 2020 for me. Did yours start after that as well?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 m ago

Hi - did this start after Nov 30 of this year and do you have a Comcast modem or your own modem? Thanks!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 m ago

Hi - can the devs please look in to the problems from the automatic network id logic added to the streaming app in November 30 update? Lots of people (on forums, friends and family) are now having their app go offline after auto updating from the November 30 update. Not everyone though, so I cannot determine the cause. I have 3 households and 2 of them are affected. Can we please add an override to allow the tradition "sign-in" (yes that is painful with the TV remote but it was rock solid) instead of just the activate and what appears to be a automatic network identifier detection logic that allows no sign in to occur (I have deleted the app and reinstalled many times and it never asks me to sign in any longer).

To fix the issues I have to delete the app, and reboot my modem then reinstall the app only for 8-12 hours to go by again and have to repeat the entire sequence over. I am technical and it was difficult to figure this out (and Comcast support and truck roles didn't). I can only empathize with those not technical and who just expect it to work.

Even the method I found for workaround is not sustainable. Each day, up to twice a day I am having to do this for my family. It is disruptive.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 m ago

Did this start after November 30 for you?
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

8 m ago

please do not crosspost your questions/concerns. moved all cross-posts to your original thread. 

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New to the Community?

Start Here