lawdog1234's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 12:00 PM

xstream not working on roku stick

Hi

For the last two months or so I have been watching x stream beta through my roku stick.  Yesterday, it suddenly stopped working.  I try to sign in, get an authorization code, enter the code but then get "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...."  Im at home on my in-home xfinity network so not sure what the issue is.  Anyone else having a smilar problem and anyone know how to resolve?  Customer service has been less than stellar with suggestions how to fix.  Thanks!

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

@lawdog1234 wrote:

Hi

For the last two months or so I have been watching x stream beta through my roku stick.  Yesterday, it suddenly stopped working.  I try to sign in, get an authorization code, enter the code but then get "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...."  Im at home on my in-home xfinity network so not sure what the issue is.  Anyone else having a smilar problem and anyone know how to resolve?  Customer service has been less than stellar with suggestions how to fix.  Thanks!

run the Xfinity my account app and select the internet tab. touch the gateway/modem shown and compare the shown serial number to the label on your own gateway modem's HFC MAC address. do they match exactly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here