CAG0210's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 25, 2021 7:03 PM

Closed

Stream App says not on Home Network

The Stream app stopped working on my wife's iPhone and my iPhone at the same time this morning.  It says we're not on our home network, but we both are.  Rebooting the modem and router didn't help.  Neither did removing and reinstalling the app.  I called Xfinity Support, and they tried to re-sync our app/system, which took about an hour, but that didn't help either.  

XfinityAnna

Official Employee

• 

380 Messages

7 d ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @CAG0210. I can’t imagine the frustration this has caused you and your wife. You have reached the right team to get to the bottom of this. It sounds like you have done all the basic troubleshooting steps, thank you. Does the Stream App work on other devices in the home? Are you able to connect to the Stream App using the Stream website? Please make sure your phones are connected to your in-home Network and not the public Xfinity hotspot. I appreciate your help. These questions will help narrow down what the cause might be. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAnna thank you for replying. I ended up chatting with Xfinity Support. They had to do a backend refresh to get it working again. Everything is good now. Thanks again. 

XfinityAnna

Official Employee

• 

380 Messages

That is fantastic news @CAG0210! We have some wonderful phone agents. I am glad they got the Stream App working on your iPhones. I am going to close this post. If you ever have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to our team. Thanks for being a loyal Comcast customer.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here