tamdoll's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 1:02 PM

Stream app on Kindle Fire HD 8

I've downloaded & installed the Xfinity Stream app on my new Kindle Fire HD 8. Clicking on the app takes me to the Silk browser to sign in & where I'm repeatedly told "The Xfinity ID or password you entered was incorrect. Please try again." Then, the "Can't sign in? More options" prompt at the bottom of the web page doesn't open (Pop-ups & Redirects are Allowed in browser settings). So, it looks like there are two things going on - the app isn't working as a stand-alone (sending me to the browser?) & I can't access via the browser either. Any suggestions?

Responses

Official Employee

• 

452 Messages

2 m ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Some Kindle tablets aren't compatible with our Xfinity Stream app. I would recommend making you that your tablet is completely up to date on any software updates. If it is and you are still experiencing this issue please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"
Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you, the problem has been solved. I had to change settings on the Kindle to allow JavaScript & cookies and now it works.

XfinityAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@tamdoll, this is great news and we’re delighted to hear the issue has now been resolved on your end. Thank you for taking the time to come back and provide us with an answer on how you fixed this on your end, we very much appreciate it. Please know that we are a dedicated Digital Care Team here 24/7 to assist you with any service needs or concerns you may have. We hope you enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for being the best part of Comcast! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here