smptc73's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 7:00 AM

Re: xstream not working on roku stick

I am having issues myself.  Both TVs connected via Roku give me an error of TVAPP-00101.

The message indicates that I have to be connected to Xfinity Wifi in order to use the channel on the Roku.  However, in my case, the xfinity gateway I have is in bridge mode, and I use my own wireless router.  Was there recently a software update to the stream channel for Roku that enforces gateway wifi use in order to use the Stream app?  The stream app works just fine on my iPad, and that isn't using the Xfinity Wifi.

What's really frustrating is that I hardwired one of these TVs with a Roku Ultra to make sure that I didn't have to worry about quality of signal issues - does Xfinity really want me to HAVE to use Wifi when I have a hardwired connection available? 

Responses

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I am getting a TVAPP-00101 on my TVs with Roku, and a message indicating that you must be connected to Xfinity Wifi in order to use the app.

Was there a channel update for Roku that now enforces the use of the gateway Wifi in order to access Xfinity stream on Roku?  My gateway is bridged and I use my own wireless router.  One of the Roku units is hardwired to the router, the other is connected via Wifi.

This is realtively new, I was using the Roku on the TV a little over a week ago with no issues.  Not the Christmas present I was looking for from Xfinity.

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

4 m ago

@smptc73 wrote:

I am having issues myself.  Both TVs connected via Roku give me an error of TVAPP-00101.

The message indicates that I have to be connected to Xfinity Wifi in order to use the channel on the Roku.  However, in my case, the xfinity gateway I have is in bridge mode, and I use my own wireless router.  Was there recently a software update to the stream channel for Roku that enforces gateway wifi use in order to use the Stream app?  The stream app works just fine on my iPad, and that isn't using the Xfinity Wifi.

What's really frustrating is that I hardwired one of these TVs with a Roku Ultra to make sure that I didn't have to worry about quality of signal issues - does Xfinity really want me to HAVE to use Wifi when I have a hardwired connection available? 

edit: combined cross-posts.

wired is fine.  using the my account app, select the internet tab, and then the gateway/modem. (only one listed?) touch it and compare the shown serial number to the one on the gateway's label (usually HFC MAC address). does it match character by character? are you using a VPN? using comcast's DNS servers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here