1st Kudo
1st Reply
1st Topic

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Jul 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Missing Movie List from Saved Favorites List on Xfinity Stream App

About 2 days ago, the Movie List disappeared from Saved Favorite List on Xfinity Stream App.  Only the saved TV List shows up.  I tried saving additional movie titles.  Nothing shows up.  

The Favorites Movie List does not show on the Stream App and also does not show when viewing over an internet browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Samsung Internet.

Please fix.

Thank you.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

10 m ago

Hello @CB13TV,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Forums.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, could you send us screenshots of your experience - either to this forum post or via private message?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

Has been problem for almost 2 years

Screen shot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3myscfbu0mpw68/IMG_3021.jpg?dl=0
RAM851

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

9 m ago

I have had the same problem for over a year.  Frustrating.

RAM851_0-1600607652926.png

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

9 m ago

@RAM851 @Stephenaweiss @CB13TV  we tested but were unable to reproduce this issue. Could you let us know more detail of your experiences? such as 

- Where did you save your movie as favorite? from web portal/mobile app/roku/smart tv/set top box?

- Where did you look for the saved favorites but couldn't find movies? web/mobile/roku/smart tv/set top box?

Here are some tips:

- When you go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/favorites, all your saved/starred OnDemand TV shows and movies should show up.

- When you go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings/favorites, all your favorite channels should show up.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

9 m ago

hi @Stephenaweiss we were unable to view the screenshot

RAM851

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

9 m ago

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. 

Below I am answering your questions:

Could you let us know more detail of your experiences? such as 

- Where did you save your movie as favorite? from web portal/mobile app/roku/smart tv/set top box? I saved the movies as favorites while watching on our TV, so I assume this would qualify as through the set top box.  I can see all my favorite movies there easily. 

- Where did you look for the saved favorites but couldn't find movies? web/mobile/roku/smart tv/set top box?  I looked for the movies when I was on the web in Favorites Xfinity Stream.  In Favorites, I only see TV shows and see no movies at all. In fact, I do not even see an option to save a movie from Xfinity Stream.

Here are some tips:

- When you go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/favorites, all your saved/starred OnDemand TV shows and movies should show up.  As mentioned above, only TV favorites are displayed.

- When you go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings/favorites, all your favorite channels should show up.  Yes, this is not even an issue.  
Please help.  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

9 m ago

for favorite on demand shows (tv series or movies), go to: 

Saved >> Favorites

for favorite tv channels, go to:

Live TV >> Favorite Channels

RAM851

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

9 m ago

Thank you for your persistence.  You are quite right about the two issues.  In Xfinity stream, I see the star for a TV show or movie, but when I touch it, I do not see that movie or show in my Favorites.  Most of  the time I am selecting Favorites from my set top box while watching TV at home, but then I do not see those selections on Xfinity stream.  I look forward to getting this resolved. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

9 m ago

@RAM851 thank you for your reply.

To save a movie to favorites via Xfinity Stream website, typically you would go to the entity page of any movie, and the top right corner you can choose to star/unstar the movie.

But I assume this is not working properly for you for some reason.

I have submitted a ticket for you, to troubleshoot both issues 1) saving movies from TV does not sync with Stream, and 2) no option to save movies on Stream. I will keep you updated. 

RAM851

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

8 m ago

I have just checked and do not see any change to my Favorites window when I go to the Xfinity Stream section.  Does it work well for anyone or is this normal?

CB13TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

CB13TV_3-1604253661810.png

I can still pick pictures to add to favorites to add to movies but the movie section doesn't show up, only the TV favorites. I am trying to save starred favorites from the OnDemand movies to the favorites list.  I have tried this on both the app. and the xfininty.com website.  I have used my phone, tablet, laptop, and PC all with no success.  Thank you for looking into this.

RAM851

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

7 m ago

Hi CB13TV, The same has happened to me.  No response so far.

CB13TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

That is exactly where I am going and only TV shows appear.  The Movie section is missing.

(for favorite on demand shows (tv series or movies), go to: 

Saved >> Favorites)

Thanks for looking into this problem. 

CB13TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

Hi RAM851,  I called Xfinity back in July 2020 and they were going to notify another department.  I got no response back.  Today I also tried a Chat with someone.  He was nice and tried to help.  I think he reset my account a few times with no change.  He is passing it to another department.  Here is hoping someone figures it out this time.  Best of luck to you as well.

CB13TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

I did post a screenshot.  It posted, but then disappeared later.  It was only 1.5 mb, so I am not sure what happened or whether or not it is viewable for Xfinity tech support.  It did, though, look just like the picture that RAM851 posted in this same forum string.

New to the Community?

Start Here