U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Oct 16, 2021 5:14 AM

Media not selected issue

This issue still is not fixed. Been a week now. What’s going on?

Official Employee

• 

158 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_6541de thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team on our Forums. I see that you're having issues with the media not working correctly on the Xfinity Stream app. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJorge why don’t you guys just fix the issue or post a work around. All other apps work fine. This is an Xfinity Stream issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I have the same problem. Have removed applications (xfinity stream and Google Home) and reinstalled, reset Chromcast, and even used Xfinity stream function on a new Mac desktop, with same result: “Media Not Selected” in xfinity application and Chromcast is “Ready to Cast”.  Seems to work sometimes, but mostly NOT! Xfinity support suggests it is an issue with Google………. “NOT”.

Official Employee

• 

297 Messages

Hello @lenea01, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name, full address, and the username you are using to Chromecast? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Same problem here. Just started yesterday. Did all of the same resets, reinstalling apps, etc. Definitely not an issue with the Chromecast as I can cast the screen from other apps, stream Netflix, live TV from sling, etc. It's something on the Xfinity side. Please Xfinity, post a fix to this problem. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

I’ve called in a few times they can’t help!  All other apps work fine. It is an issue with Xfinity Stream only!!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

We are also having issues! And all other apps work just fine as others have stated. Whats the point in paying for services you cant even use. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Ditto… I’ve had the same problem for the last 4 days. I can cast with all the I have except Xfinity stream. Message on the TV says “Ready to Cast” Xfinity Stream says “Media not selected”. 

Official Employee

• 

114 Messages

Oh, no! Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums! I understand you've been experiencing some trouble while trying to access Xfinity Stream content, through your Chromecast device. I can definitely imagine the inconvenience behind this! 

Our Digital Care Team is here to help, every step of the way! Before we begin, can you please click on the chat icon, in top right hand corner of your screen? Once you click on that icon, you should be able to search "Xfinity Support", which should allow you to send us a private message. Can you please include your full name, address, and username that you're using to sign in with? Thank you in advance! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

FIXED. I had the same problem.. I have an Android, I went into my settings under the Chromecast app which is in my Google home app. I allowed permission for media and files. (For some reason it was denied) now it is working perfectly. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_bf8c59 Mine is allowed and its still not working. Also using an android.. 

New to the Community?

Start Here