U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 1:54 AM

Firestick Issues

I am thinking it is finally time to leave Xfinity. Way too many customers are having the SAME problem with the Streaming app freezing 30 seconds (at least) during commercials AND freezing while trying to browse through the live channels guide, without Xfinity giving any definitive, helpful answers. They need to just admit they don’t want us to use the app on Firestick. There are way too many other options out there to put up with their foolishness. 

XfinityAaron

Official Employee

• 

689 Messages

2 m ago

Hello and thanks for taking the time to make a post @user_596a3f. I am sad to hear that you are having issues with the Xfinity Stream app. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues, or where you able to get this resolved?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ This issue has been going on for months, but has gotten extremely worse over the last few weeks, basically since the beginning of June.  I've tried various actions.  I have 5 Firesticks and one by one they've all started doing the same thing.  Even bought one new TV to swap out the oldest one and it still is doing it.  Basically I can't watch anything on the Xfinity Stream App via my Firestick.  So now I am finding other ways to watch live TV or favorite programs to bypass the Xfinity App, which means I can most likely eliminate the need for Xfinity cable, unfortunately.  It is easier just to watch through one app, but it is cheaper and more time consuming to use multiple apps.

Official Employee

• 

433 Messages

Thanks for confirming! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not have this resolved. What make are the TVs you are using the Firestick with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here