Conversation Starter
1st Kudo
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 9:00 AM

Channels vanished from Streaming app

This has gone on for OVER a month now.  A bunch of channels just vanished from the comcast streaming app!  I read int he foums to have the tech support people do some kind of "deep refresh of the database", and each person ive talked to (3 now) have said they have done it, and everything "looks green" on their end.  Only for me to open the streaming app, and STILL those channels are missing.

Anyone have any clues on how to get my channels back?    This is way past insane, especially when paying and not getting them!!!

Thanks in advance on anything that might be helpful.

J.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@DeVoiD_AnGeL wrote:

This has gone on for OVER a month now.  A bunch of channels just vanished from the comcast streaming app!  I read int he foums to have the tech support people do some kind of "deep refresh of the database", and each person ive talked to (3 now) have said they have done it, and everything "looks green" on their end.  Only for me to open the streaming app, and STILL those channels are missing.

Anyone have any clues on how to get my channels back?    This is way past insane, especially when paying and not getting them!!!

J.

'looks green' refers to your home equipment (set top boxes) so you are not talking to someone that understands. try 800-comcast and select tech support TV. ask the answering agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the ask support team agent to refresh your streaming entitlements.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

@DeVoiD_AnGeL wrote:

J.

Are you using a Apple device? If so, there's a hidden menu that allows you to reset the device. Once done, you'll have to log back in to the app, but it fixed a similar problem my dad was having on his iPhone.

In the app, click the menu button at the top left, scroll to the bottom and click the gear settings icon, scroll to the bottom and tap multiple times on the version number. This brings up the hidden page, which has an option to reset the device settings.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

This finally worked for me, thanks!

New to the Community?

Start Here