Brandednorton's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 11:00 AM

Xfinity my account says my device is not connected

Ever since they did an upgrade and added those signal boosters in my neighborhood the account app has said that the device is not connected. My internet is up and working. This would normally be no big deal but when I go into the xfinity assistant and try to troubleshoot my internet when it is slow, it say my device is offline and to unplug it for 12 seconds. I do that then click “I did that” and it has me contact someone from xfinity support. Every time I contact them they just do the troubleshooting that I would normally do myself. They never fix the problem where it says it’s offline. This feels like it not only wastes my time where I could just do it myself but also wastes the supports time as I shouldn’t have to contact them whenever I want to troubleshoot. Has anybody else had and fixed this problem. Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

This exact same issue started to happen to me a few days ago.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I've encountered this exact same issue multiple times in the past month.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I’m experiencing the same issue. The “My Account” app is showing my devices as “not connected” even though they actually are connected. Please help us Xfinity.
Thank you.
sdjs

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

1 y ago

Same problem in 80906 also started after hardware upgrade that required downtime in my area, and using speedtest app it seems performance is worse after the upgrade service is extreme pro internet up to 500 Mbps, modem is cgm4140com.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I have been having the exact same issue (and then some) for the same period of time. I had reliable speed and connectivity since upgrading to Gigabit last December 2019, but ever since "network enhancements" were made in my neighborhood in September 2020, the app has not recognized either my modem/gateway, or my main cable box, even though the services all still work.

Well, most of the time.

I have also been disconnected from the internet at least once every 2-3 days, at various times throughout the day, where my modem/gateway requires a hard reset.

I haven't called, because I haven't had the time to go through the hurdles of hoping to find someone who can resolve this issue, but I would be ecstatic to get this resolved.

sdjs

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

1 y ago

Have a tech coming out in a couple of days, I believe this is a database issue in that something for my modem was not entered correctly into their databases that became an issue after their neighborhood upgrade.
sdjs

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

1 y ago

Tech was just here and did find signal levels to high following the neighborhood upgrade, he also swapped out their modem, both old and new showing in the my account app new still says not connected but the expect it will eventually update.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

This is the same exact thing happening at my house as well. Has there been any resolution.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

I cannot get my emails or internet on my phone, this just occured

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 m ago

Apparently it’s the app itself. The Xfinity app owner need to do more testing before releasing to the public

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Same issue for me, my internet is working properly but when I go to the xfinity app is says “cable modem not connected”. It’s been like that for several weeks now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Same problem, exact same problem. Connection also drops at random with no rhyme or reason. 

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

Hello, @Over_it! Thank you for connecting with us here on our forums! I'm sorry about the trouble with the app. I'd like to take a look on our end. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name and address? I look forward to your reply. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here