U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, May 4, 2021 8:21 PM

Wifi Calling needs to be constantly turned off/on to work -iPhone 12 Pro

Just moved into an apartment with almost no cell service, so wifi calling working consistently is very much a requirement. I'm noticing that it seems to stop working randomly until toggle it off/on in settings, click the emergency access thing and hit "I accept terms and conditions". Of course, I only find out it's not working when someone can't reach me or I'm not getting an SMS, so it's super frustrating. Please help.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

A couple weeks ago this started working seamlessly, apparently after taking out the SIM, turning off the phone, waiting 5 minutes, and putting it back in .... until a couple nights ago when the original problem returned, except now nothing I do will get WiFi calling to work on my home network. I had a very frustrating experience with support a few weeks ago trying to resolve an issue where I could not log into my Xfinity Mobile account (getting an error saying I wasn't a customer) culminating in an hours-long phone call where the issue wasn't resolved (another rep was able to resolve it for me a few days later). I don't have the time or patience to deal with this anymore so I'm switching to another provider. If you depend on WiFi calling, do not choose Xfinity. Like most of Comcast's products, it's a fairly good experience when it works, but if something goes wrong and you need help, you're screwed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

24 d ago

I'm having the same issue. I made the switch to XM a couple of months ago and wifi-calling was working until now. I rely on wifi calling since I don't get a reliable cell signal and since I have the Xfinity suite of products in my home, trying their mobile product made sense. Tech support couldn't fix the issue. I have 4 lines: 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 (BYOD-Verizon), 1 Samsung Note 8 (BYOD-Verizon), 1 Iphone 8 (BYOD-Verizon), 1 Motorola one 5G Ace (Purchased from Xfinity Mobile) and none of them work with Wifi-calling.

rpf75

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_451b3b 

WiFi calling out completely last night.  Contacted support and was told it’s down for maintenance and should be back up this morning.  
FYI….I too have had to turn it off/on for it to work in the past.  I came from another carrier and had the same issues with them   

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Update : I called 1-800-945-2288 and asked for additional troubleshooting on my lines. The agent was able to reset wifi-calling on Xfinity Mobile's end and after powering off and on each device, this fixed the issue. Hopefully, this is a permanent solution.

New to the Community?

Start Here