agoonee's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 1:00 PM

Upgrading exiting line with new iPhone $250 gift card eligibility

I recently just pre-ordered an iPhone from Xfinity mobile website trying to get  $250 visa gift card upgrade offer. I finally got the phone yesterday after almost a month of wait and activated it today. I read the terms more carefully and found it said: "$250 Back: Requires upgrade of an existing Xfinity Mobile line to an iPhone and activation within 30 days of order. Existing phone must be paid in full if eligible phone is purchased online or pre-ordered. At least 50% must be paid if purchased at an Xfinity store, and an upgrade fee may apply. Must maintain Xfinity Mobile line with an account in good standing for 90 days following phone purchase.". 
However, I paid that new iPhone with the 24 month Xfinity Mobile Device Payment Plan. 
I checked the Xfinity reward center to check the reward status and did saw the "Q420 Apple $250 Upgrade Offer" in my account and Reward Status is "Pending Fulfillment Eligibility".  Is this purchase not eligible? Could I still pay all the rest of the payment now to make this eligible? 

Responses

DaveO3

Problem Solver

• 

303 Messages

6 m ago

It takes between 14-16 weeks in total. So, 90 days after you activated your phone XM will send the rewards center notice that your eligibility has been met. The rewards center should receive this within another week and then they will prepare and send you the $250 debit card. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 m ago

I see. It might be my mis-understanding on the "Existing phone must be paid in full".  My previous phone was "Bring Your Own Phone" and it was paid in full from Apple. It has nothing to do with Xfinity.  So the existing phone means my previous phone? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks for your reply. My question is whether my iPhone puchase with the 24 month Xfinity Mobile Device Payment Plan fullfills "Existing phone must be paid in full if eligible phone is purchased online or pre-ordered."? 

DaveO3

Problem Solver

• 

303 Messages

6 m ago

My guess is that your previous phone qualified, otherwise your new phone eligibility would not have shown up in the rewards center. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I have the same question, mine is Boyd, don’t know if it is qualified.
DaveO3

Problem Solver

• 

303 Messages

6 m ago

BYOD phones qualify.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 m ago

Received the gift card 2 weeks ago. This worked.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

I did I sign up for the date I did not receive my credit card this is Cindy cundiff

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

After the "upgrading exiting line with new iPhone $250 gift card" is received, does that mean the line now have a contract of 24 month even the phone has been paid in full? Or there is no cancellation fee? Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

12 Messages

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital Care Team here through the forums. If you have already paid the phone off, then you would not have any fees for transferring your mobile service. I hope that helped clear up some confusion for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here