kwadz's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 16, 2019 5:00 AM

Unlocked Galaxy S8+ purchased directly from Samsung isn't compatible???

Removed by me for violating forum guidelinesOk - this is very frustrating.  I literally just switched my home internet service to Xfinity JUST SO THAT I CAN BE ELIGIBLE FOR XFINITY MOBILE.  I take my Samsung Galaxy S8+ (model #SM-G955U1) to my local Xfinity store and I'm told it's not compatible.  What??? It's unlocked, I've used it on both Sprint (CDMA) and T-Mobile (GSM) through my current MVNO, and it's an S8+ - which is supposed to be supported.    I called customer service and the rep had no idea why it wasn't showing up.  He said he'd look into it and get back to me, but I haven't heard anything, yet.  He claims they just got Samsung in their system this week, so maybe that's the problem.  Is he full of it or is this the truth?  Should I expect to have it working within the next few days?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I have same issue with my samsung s8+. I purchased it from samsung directly (unlocked). It is supposed to working with all carriers, but seems like xfinity has not updated theire IMEI list. I checked with Verizon and it says it is supported. If the xfinity is using the verizon network shouldn't it be working?

New to the Community?

Start Here