TerryNJon's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Jun 10, 2022 11:40 AM

Porting Issue

I have been trying to establish service since this past Sunday. Three hours in the store Sunday while the rep helped several people at once. (I think this is where the problem started.) Three hours on Monday after I had successfully unlocked all our phones. One of 4 phones activated with no issue. Was sent home with SIM cards to install. The first one I tried did not work. Took the three remaining phones into the store Tuesday.  After another two hours in the store, two more were working. Was told the last one was stuck in porting and would activate over night. Wednesday morning still no service. Xfinity stores have no store phones. I was given the cell number of a store associate and manager. Neither one answered. Called customer service. All agents I’ve talked to are hard to understand and there is a ton of background noise. Was told it was still stuck and would be escalated and take another 24 hours. Thursday-still no service. Called again, was told that I should have been told 24-72 hours on Wednesday to manually port the number. Friday-still waiting. The 72 hours is up tomorrow, Saturday, at which time I will be on vacation with no way for my husband and I to contact each other. I have spent over 20 hours this week in the store and on the phone trying to resolve the problem. I can’t even cancel the service and go back to TxMobile because the number is stuck. Worst customer service I have ever had. All you get is agents reading scripted niceties that can’t explain what is going on! I’m at my wits end. I don’t know where to go next. I did file an FCC complaint. I have no hope of accomplishing anything with that, but it was something. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

Now it’s Saturday and after 3 more phone calls today I’ve been told to wait another 24-72 hours. I just want my phone back!

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

@TerryNJon I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble getting your phone number to port over. I would like to check in with you in a few days to make sure you are able to get this done. How does that sound?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

It is now Monday and we still have no service on that line. It has now been a week since my husband has had a phone. 

Official Employee

• 

151 Messages

I know ut would be very frustrating having these issues with porting the number over. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried contacting our Xfinity Mobile Experts today at:

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday and still no service. Been working with the Executive Resolution Dept. since Monday. Still have no idea what’s going on!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here