B

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 1, 2021 12:50 PM

Xfinity Home phone app not working

Starting last night, my Xfinity Home app is not working on my phone. It shows the Sign In screen once I open the app, but if I click the Sign In button, I receive an error message that says "Update browser to continue. We are unable to detect a supported web browser on your device. If you have a browser installed, try updating your default browser or download a new browser." The app has been working with no issues prior to last night and nothing has changed on my end. I use Chrome browser and my phone is running Android 11. I have restarted my phone, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have installed Edge browser and tried changing to my default. I am able to log into my account on xfinity.com, just not the app.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

185 Messages

3 m ago

Hi there @BDavis81! Thank you for reaching out to us here today over our Forums platform. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with getting your Xfinity home app to work. Can you please attempt to log into your app while using your phone data and not over WiFi? Let me know if this works. Thank you! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastSelena that does not work. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

345 Messages

I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further and get you back into the Home APP. Please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of your screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 m ago

is ther a fix to this problem I am getting the same thing 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

Same issue. Any resolution? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have the same issue, worked fine until Sunday and now I keep getting the browser message. I use Chrome it is up to date. I deleted the app and reinstalled same issue, downlaed Firefox, same issue. Seems to be an app issue, can we get this fixed ASAP please.

Official Employee

• 

182 Messages

Hello, @missybug72, thank you for your comment and letting us know you are experiencing the same issues with your Xfinity Home app and login. Have you only attempted to login using a mobile device? Are you able to attempt to login through a laptop or home computer? If so, please let us know if you receive the same browser error?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

No fix as of yet, sent the private message.

XfinityChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

@BDavis81 Thank you for sending your private message, @BDavis81! I've had the opportunity to review it and would be more than happy to help get this resolved. I've replied to your message and look forward to chatting with you! :) 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I see that this seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. No one has reached out to me to help fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it if possible even? I have chatted with home security departmaent and have not gotten any where with that this is a lil insane considering it controls our home security systems.

Katt

Official Employee

• 

347 Messages

Hey there, Katt, thanks for reaching out through our Xfinity Forums platform regarding the issues you are having with our Xfinity Home app. We definitely want to get these resolved for you so you can control your Xfinity Home Security system on your personal device. Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the original post?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

The issue, as I see it, is an error between the app and android. I have a work phone that is iPhone. And the app works on it just fine. However, because it is work, I need to delete it. Hopefully, the app support is seeing these issues people are reporting and working on a fix. I wonder how fast though. Seems like it could be cause of a lot of valid complaints from the customers being that this may he the only way to access their security outside of the home. My laptop won't even go to the home website.... it splashes a screen saying to download the app to the phone with no link to go to web page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I'm having the same issue out of nowhere and I even tried the fixes , tried it on mobile data and wifi , still not working 

Official Employee

• 

220 Messages

Hello, @user_59cbd3 and @BDozTFO. I'm sorry to hear that you're also having trouble signing into your Xfinity Home apps with your Android phones. I like to set my Xfinity Home alarm when I'm away from home or check on my cameras, as well, so I can imagine the frustration this is causing. I would like to troubleshoot this issue further with you and possibly open a ticket, if needed, to get this resolved. Either way, my team will stay with you until it is.

Please send a private message with your first and last name to "Xfinity Support", after clicking on the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!

New to the Community?

Start Here