Denny1951's profile

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2022 4:33 PM

View is zoomed since latest update

At first the app kept shutting down when attempting to view my live camera. Since the update the view is zoomed so I’m not viewing what I did before the shutting down issue and the latest update. Is there a fix for this?  My problem is on my iPad Pro 12.9 inch, with latest update. 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there @Denny1951!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum!  We are so happy to hear from you and are happy to help out in any way that we can.  Can you tell me if you are able to adjust the view when you tap the screen on the app?

Denny1951

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

I can zoom in but I can’t zoom out. 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

2 months ago

Got it!  Thanks so much for that.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message.  That way we can get some info and take a closer look at what's going on.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Denny1951

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

I’m not sure what you’re asking me to do.  What do I need to write you in a private message?  

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

I believe our team meant we'd troubleshoot via the private message/direct message. Have you been able to zoom out before? Did you move the camera from a previous location? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
Denny1951

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

No I haven’t moved my camera and this only started since the last Home app update 

Denny1951

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

I have tried going to the support private message page but after I type my comment I don’t see a link to send it. 

XfinityJohnG

Official Employee

• 

236 Messages

Okay, thank you very much for the information. In order for me to troubleshoot your camera issue I will need you to send the full name and complete address for your service, so we can look directly at the camera and settings. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here