I

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2022 3:32 PM

Home app still not working on ipad

It still closes after I try to view the cameras.  works on iPhone.  had a chat session and couldn't get it fixed.  someone was going to call me but neve received a call.  it's been about a month now.  have deleted and reloaded, have the latest ios version.   what gives?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

I've had the same problem for a week now ever since I updated ipad software to 16

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@PixieStyx Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

237 Messages

2 months ago

@user_9de3d1 Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you been experiencing issues with Xfinity Home app on your iPad. I appreciate the steps you have taken with deleting and reloading the app.I would do the same. You stated you are able to view cameras on your phone, can you share if your phone and iPad are using the same IOS? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityBrianW​ they are on the same IOS

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_9de3d1​ 16.1.1

Official Employee

• 

237 Messages

@user_9de3d1 Crazy how you can use the app for everything else other than camera viewing. Have you attempted to restart the cameras in your troubleshooting steps? If you go on the Xfinity app you can select the security tab, scroll down to each camera, select the gear icon in the upper right, select restart camera. Select restart now. The other option would be in Xfinity app. Do you see the cameras listed in the app? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityBrianW​ I do see them in the xfinity app on ipad and iphone.  I have rebooted the cameras.  this is  only an issue on ipads.  i have two phones and two home security accounts and both home accounts on two separate ipads don't allow viewing cameras

Official Employee

• 

531 Messages

Thank you for checking that especially with both accounts. I'm not showing a known issue with the Xfinity Home app on iPads and I can certainly get it sent up to our backend team. Can you send us a direct message so I can get some more details to do that? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

237 Messages

2 months ago

@user_9de3d1 Can you share what the screen indicates when you attempt to view your cameras? Do you see and error code or message? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityBrianW​ no error code.  app opens and when i click on a camera view, it closes the app.  i can arm and disarm, and navigate to other parts of the app, but cannot view cameras.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Having same problem.  Works on iPhone but not iPad. When I touch video display the app disappears on iPad.  No error.  Both iPhone and iPad using latest release. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

I just, on a whim, decided to delete the app (for the 5th time), restart ipad, and readded the app.  It's finally working.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here