Resourceful Response
Discussion Driver
Thumbs Up

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Garage Door Notifications

I have the Chamberlin garage door app connected to the Xfinity Home app and it displays the garage door status correctly, whether it's open or closed.  However, the text alerts I get only say closed.  Never get an open alert.

For example, Garage door opens at 6:50 am - My alert says closed at 6:50am  (Incorrect, it opened); Garage door closes at 7:00 am - My alert says closed at 7:00 am (Correct)

Responses

joey12volt

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 m ago

Yep. Not working again. Just noticed this AM.
joey12volt

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 m ago

I noticed the same. Says my modem is offline, but it's not. Something must have transpired overnight. it will be resolved in due time I am sure.
skyfox23

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

3 m ago

Cool, thanks for the reply, I get further talking to you for feed back rather than Xfinity tech support as they appear clueless! Also noticed the Xfinity app, not the home app, but the Xfinity app is completely down altogether, there’s a 50 min wait!
skyfox23

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

3 m ago

Yours down again? I updated the Xfinity Home app today, and now the garage door won’t connect via the Xfinity Home app, so back to using the MyQ app as a back up.
skyfox23

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

3 m ago

Any idea how long for the garage door push notifications to work again with the Xfinity Home app? Last time it went down it was app from 11/19/20-1/20/21. Ballpark estimation would be nice, 2 months last time being down is sort of unacceptable IMO. This all came from your update today on the Xfinity Home app. Was working just fine for just 2 weeks!

Official Employee

• 

6.7K Messages

3 m ago

@joey12volt

Thank you for replying so quickly, @joey12volt. We would like to submit a ticket to our Advanced Repair Team to review this and troubleshoot further. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address, so I can assist you. Send me a private message by clicking my profile name (ComcastJoeTru), then click "Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here