Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thu, Jun 22, 2017 8:00 AM

Android Home app keeps crashing

After the latest update, everytime I try to turn off a zone the app keeps crashing. I've restarted my phone and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it continues to crash.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 y ago

We just released an update that we believe will help. Can you all please try updating and let us know if this resolves the issue?

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Gave a one star rating on Google play and received a response to come here to find the answers. I don't see any answers. 😡
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

Sorry for the delayed response Annie0867. Are you able to get into your XH app? Are you receiving any errors? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

Hello theunknowntech! Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this issue with your Xfinity Home app? If so please verify if you are receiving an error. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

Yes, the app still crashes when I try to turn off a zone.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

I have the same issue as well. The android app can arm and disarm the system, but when trying to access any zone it says "unfortunately Home has stopped." Report.  OK. 

And then it closes.

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

Have you restarted your phone? Uninstall and reinstalling the app? 

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

Hey theunknowntech, and isaias123, can you guys verify what type of device you're using? Apple or Android?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Yes to all. I can open the app, everything works but trying to choose a zone, app stops working and closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

Annie0867, What type of device are you currently using?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Mine keeps crashing too. I'm on an Apple device.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

I have a galaxy s7, and yes, i have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Even after the June 29th update and I still have the same issue.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Galaxy S7 Edge.
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

4 y ago

theunknowntech, Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. I want to take a deeper look into the back end of the account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I have been encountering the same issue for last three days now.  I have androi samsung galaxy s7 edge.

Can comcast quickly come up with a batch to fix this issue?  Or is there way to downgrade to previous version for now?

Thanks and regards,

Jack

New to the Community?

Start Here