angeldeb82's profile

Contributor

• 

258 Messages

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 3:11 PM

Closed

Xfinity Security Check annoys me

I have a problem. It seems that every time I log in to Xfinity Connect, I always get an Xfinity security check that keeps asking me for my mobile phone number, but I don't have a mobile phone number, and I don't want to give away my personal information. When will the security check go away? :(

XfinityDevin

Official Employee

• 

731 Messages

1 y ago

@angeldeb82

Good morning! How are you today? Thank for your feedback on the Xfintiy Connect app. We certainly understand that everyone has a personal [EDIT: Formatting] preference on what information they are willing to provide and security for our customers means a lot to us. This sounds like it is asking for a 2-step verification process that is intended to make signing into your account and many Xfintiy apps more secure.

There are a couple of options you can take to stop this from to send a code to your mobile number. You can either switch the verification method to send a code to a 3rd party email address instead, or you can turn off 2-step verification altogether. What 2-step verification does is sends a code to a trusted number or email as additional security for your account. Turning this off means you only use your username and password to gain access to your apps and account. It is less secure this way, but as long as you protect your sign in information, you could choose to not to enroll in 2-step verification.

To change this to your email instead, or turn off 2-step verification, please follow the below steps:

Sign in to My Account with your Xfinity ID, password and verification code.

Select the Users tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Select a user to update and select Edit next to that user.

Navigate to Contact Information and select Edit next to phone number or email field.

Please note that removing all information in the “Contact Information” field turns off 2-step verification.

Please let us know if this information is helpful or if you have any additional questions or concerns. We are here to help!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here