Veryelectric's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity connect encountered an error please try again later

Suddenly in the past week I'm experiencing two errors with my Xfinity mobile app:

1. While I can access email and compose / send / receive messages, I'm constantly seeing the following message flash up at the bottom of the screen: "Xfinity connect encountered an error please try again later"

2. Email on the Xfinity app is no longer synced with my Comcast Email account on my desktop PC using Outlook 2010. Before this problem started, the app was synced so that if I deleted an email on the Xfinity app, it would also be deleted on my Comcast email account I managed through Outlook. That tells me there's a sync problem between my Xfinity phone app, the Comcast email server and my Comcast email account on my desktop.

Please advise. Everything was working fine until suddenly something changed.

Roger

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Been having this problem off and on for a few years. I tried all of the usual fixes like turning off and on Wi-Fi, turning off and on mobile data, checking all network connections, reinstalling the Xfinity Connect Mobile app to no avail. I recently discovered that if I sign out of the Xfinity Connect Mobile app, and then sign back in, my email functionality is restored after it re syncs with the server. I hope that helps somebody out there.
Suez

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 y ago

Tried signing out and in again. Did not help...
maxie

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

2 y ago

Me too but no fix is available

1 Message

2 y ago

I was having the same issues as you were having. I am using a Pixel 3 Android. I read a comment further down and that person said to sign out of Xfinity Connect , then sign back in. I had to think on how to sign out when it occured to me that I needed to drag the app to the trash can and uninstall Xfinity Connect , then go back to the store and reinstall the app again. Voilá , the problem went away. I hope this helps......
allikat7

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

2 y ago

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Suez

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 y ago

I did do that, but looks like they are eliminating the app. Think they had too much trouble with it? Also noticed it was very slow and not working well for some time...
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here