JRMama's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Closed

Xfinity Connect email search Android

Now that the Xfinity connect link is The only way to access email, through the link on the web browser and not as a standalone app (I wish they would fix that I actually wish they would go back to the stand alone email program they had 5 years ago) When I go to my email inbox and click on the magnifying glass for search, it highlights it, as if the button has been depressed, but there's actually nowhere to type in a search. I'm on Android. I've tried it with both Chrome and the pre-installed internet browser. No luck. Any idea what I can do? They keep making it more and more difficult to access email. Like they want us to stop using ithe email program.

Official Employee

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

Greetings, @JRMama! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into when trying to use the search option with the browser for your email. I have tested this on my Android device as well with chrome and seem to be running into the same issue. It looks like we would need to have a further look into this.

You had mentioned you also preferred to just have a stand-alone app. Looking further into this it looks like you would be able to download Outlook from the play store for free and use that as a stand-alone app. I just tested this as well and seems to work fine. You would just need to log into your email settings from a browser, go to security, and check off “Third Party Access Security” in order for outlook to access the email server. The next step would be to set up the POP server and your email account on outlook with the information from the following information:

Incoming POP3 server: https://comca.st/3mBYypF port 955

Outgoing SMTP: https://comca.st/3gEFkvw port 465

If you would like us to have a further look into the search option from the browser side of things feel free to send us a DM by clicking the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

I have been having the exact same Android mobile website search issue since I started using connect.xfinity.com (several months). I'm not sure that it has ever worked. So has a fix-it ticket been opened to address this lack of functionality?

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

Hello, @daberkow, thank you for using our forum to help with the same email issues you've come across. I can only imagine how you feel, I use my email religiously every day, so I would be looking to get things fixed as well. I'd love to a closer look at this with you to run some targeted troubleshooting steps. If we can't fix it remotely, we could try to submit an engineering ticket. In order to get started can you please send a message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
SandraA2

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

This feature did work up until about a week ago. I've used it many times but it's broken now.  I've tried several days in a row and it just does not work. 

However as the original poster said this whole application is  bad. Why on earth Xfinity can't provide an app? it's embarrassing for you guys that you can't do something that simple.

I will go look into using the outlook one because there's many reasons that using this thing that you've given us instead is not working.

Official Employee

• 

494 Messages

@SandraA2, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. As of April 20, 2021, our Xfinity Connect application was retired. I know I personally would be going crazy if I could not search for a specific email. Have you had a chance to test Outlook?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here