TCLynx's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Tue, Jul 6, 2021 2:00 PM

When using the xfinity wifi hotspot app, none of the wifi locations I have found, actually have xfinitywifi available.

There are xfinity wifi locations highlighted on the map but they are not broadcasting xfinitywifi or XFINITY.

There are two locations showing the symbol in my neighborhood but they are not broadcasting xfinitywifi.

I was visiting family last month and the location had several locations pinpointed on the map but when I went and tried to connect, there was no xfinitywifi or XFINITY broadcast from those wifi hotspots.

What is the point of trying to use an app that doesn't actually let you connect to anything, I'm just wasting my data attempting to find the wifi.  I would have been better off just using my data to get done whatever I needed to get done rather than fruitlessly trying to connect to a hotspot that wasn't there.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

145 Messages

3 m ago

Hi there @TCLynx!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can.  In these times, we fully understand the need for WiFi connectivity that is accessible at all times.  Can you tell me if you are showing any error messages or codes when you try to connect?

gecoffin

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 m ago

Got the same problem ...It comes up and said No Internet access on all of them 

I tried in the Mall and several businesses and Homes 

Gary

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 m ago

Uh, I'm not trying to connect since there is no network with an xfinity ssid.  The networks in the location have security and I don't know their codes so I'm assuming they are NOT the XFINITY or xfinitywifi the app is advertising is there.

Official Employee

• 

302 Messages

@TCLynx Totally get the issue here. How long have you noticed this happening? Is it a recent issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here