jwcnkjc's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 11:14 PM

We have no voice! Xfinity Connect App retirement

The consumers who pay dearly for Xfinity services have no way to communicate to Xfinity their opinions of the discontinuation of the Connect App.

Does this discontinuation mean our Xfinity bill will decrease?  I think not!

It appears they are moving backwards in progress and not listening to or meeting their customers needs. 

When "stay connected" is an Xfinity motto, how is removing an app called "Xfinity Connect" a good idea?  Especially when relying on it when using a mobile device?  

Pure stupidity!

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

86.5K Messages

1 m ago

Moved here to the proper help section.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

23 d ago

I am also very unhappy with Xfinity for retiring the Xfinity Connect App.  I like it because it is easy to setup to monitor your comcast email and your get alerts when you get new mail.  I know you can use other mobile email apps with comcast email, however they are not all as easy to use.  When I look at all of the angry comments in the forums about the Xfinity Connect app being retired, it looks like a lot of Xfinity customers do use this app. Saying that there is not enough usage is a poor excuse for Xfinity go get rid of the app.  We are all paying customers and we pay a heck of a lot of money for Xfinity services.  You cannot tell me that Xfinity doesn't make enough money to maintain one little app!  Once again, it feels like Xfinity doesn't care about its customers.

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

Because they OBVIOUSLY do NOT care about anything but reducing their costs.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

21 d ago

Xfinity probably doesn’t mind that some of us will have to use Xfinity mobile data to check our email after their caring decision to dump the most used app of all their apps.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

20 d ago

To access my voicemail now, I have to go to their website, log in, navigate their user-unfriendly page to find voicemail, then click view transcription. Can they possibly make this any more inconvenient? The *99 option on the phone is ludicrous, it forces you to sit through every voicemail in its entirety. Never mind the app notified me when I had a voicemail, and I could access it away from home. My land line is now totally obsolete. Why even offer this service?

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you!!!  If I can no longer monitor my home phone via that app... I will move it to Verizon who has a LOT fewer outages in my area...  It appears that Comcast/Xfinity has decided to put themselves completely out of the phone business.  I WAS even considering switching my cell provider from Sprint/T-mobile (due to reduced service since their merger that they can't quite explain) to Xfinity... NOW.... um, that is a HUGE NO!

ron302

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I still have the caller ID on my TV but can longer have the caller ID show up on my iPhone or my Apple Watch.  Comcast/xFinity sucks big time

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Yeah I'll probably switch my phone back to Verizon, even though they yelled at me for leaving them!

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

I am probably going to do the same.

kevin_sh

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

18 d ago

I notice they keep closing the post about this subject. I hope the right people see that this was a very stupid decision.  I am 100% sure that even the moderators on here agree.

New to the Community?

Start Here